Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from The Pampered Chef that we recently had at a party in my home. It is so easy and so tasty. We've made it several times since then.
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- grated fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic in saucepan. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and Alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
We loved this recipe! I wanted to double it the last time I made it, but only had one container of alfredo sauce, so I added milk and parmesan to the soup. Also it is great if you toss in ravioli or tortellini - very filling!
What a great soup this is. The flavor was outstanding. (I have never found a Pampered Chef recipe that I didn't like.) The soup didn't make enough for my family and I didn't have enough of the ingredients that the recipe called for to double it. So, I added a cup of milk to it and it was still great. Will be making this again and again. Loved the idea of adding tortellini!! Tried it tonight at it was great... Will be making it that way from now on.
Overall this was a good recipe. Both my husband and I found that we wished the soup was creamer in consistency then what it came out as. I doubled the recipe and added everything but, the carrots due to our attempt to make this lower in carbs. I will make this recipe again however; rather then using a jarred sauce I think I will make a alfredo sauce from scratch and see if it helps in the consistency department. Thank you for posting this recipe.