Recipe by Mims & Squims
Delicious low fat dish featuring pan seared chicken breast simmered in white wine sauce & served over brown rice.
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 56.69 g rehydrated porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 4.92-9.85 ml unbleached cane sugar
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml seedless grapes, sliced (or halved)
- 2.46 ml coarse sea salt
- 0.59 ml paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice according to package directions & set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken & sauté 3-4 minutes till browned on one side, then turn.
- Add garlic & muhrooms. Sauté 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Transfer chicken & mushrooms to plate & keep warm (I usually just place mine in a baking dish in oven at 200F).
- To skillet, add sugar & wine. Stir to mix, and simmer until reduced by half.
- Mix broth and cornstarch, & whisk into wine mixture. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven & transfer with mushrooms to skillet.
- Add grapes & simmer till chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with salt (and paprika if desired) & serve over rice.