1/1 Photo of Chicken Véronique With Brown Rice
Mims & Squims's Note:
Delicious low fat dish featuring pan seared chicken breast simmered in white wine sauce & served over brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces rehydrated porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, sliced (or halved)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1Cook brown rice according to package directions & set aside.
- 2Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken & sauté 3-4 minutes till browned on one side, then turn.
- 3Add garlic & muhrooms. Sauté 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 4Transfer chicken & mushrooms to plate & keep warm (I usually just place mine in a baking dish in oven at 200F).
- 5To skillet, add sugar & wine. Stir to mix, and simmer until reduced by half.
- 6Mix broth and cornstarch, & whisk into wine mixture. Simmer 2 minutes.
- 7Remove chicken from oven & transfer with mushrooms to skillet.
- 8Add grapes & simmer till chicken is cooked through.
- 9Sprinkle with salt (and paprika if desired) & serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Véronique With Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 749.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 30.1 g