2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
This is a Georgian recipe. Not the Georgia in the Southern US, but the one far away in Russia. It is known there as "Chicken Tabaka". Found this gem in Bon Appetit, October 2006. I have not tried this one yet so times are a guess, and the prep time includes chill time. Let me know what ya think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, packed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 chicken breast halves, with skin
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 bricks wrapped in aluminum foil
- 1Cook 8 garlic cloves in boiling water for 2 minute.
- 2Drain garlic.
- 3Place in the bowl of a food processor and let cool.
- 4When cool, add the remaining 4 cloves, parsley, vinegar, mint, basil, oregano, and red pepper; pulse to combine (just a couple of time to mix it all together).
- 5With the machine running, gradually add the oil, blending until a thick sauce forms.
- 6Season with salt, and transfer to a bowl to chill for at least 1 hour. This can be done 2 days ahead of time.
- 7Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 8Add 1/2 cup sauce and turn to coat evenly.
- 9Chill for at least 1/2 hour and up to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally. (The longer it marinates the better it is!).
- 10Spray grill rack or grill pan with non stick cooking spray and prepare BBQ to medium-high heat.
- 11Place chicken skin side down on the grill and top each piece with 1 foil wrapped brick.
- 12Grill until skin is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minute.
- 13Remove bricks and turn chicken over.
- 14Grill until cooked through, about 5 min more depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- 15Arrange chicken on a platter and spoon some of the sauce over.
- 16Serve, passing the remaining sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Under a Brick With Fresh Herbs and Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 53.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar