Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe from Lipton. Simple instructions -- I like those best!! :)
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- In 13 x 9-inch baking pan, arrange chicken,.
- red pepper and mushrooms.
- Blend remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Bake 50 minutes at 425 degrees or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
very tasty although I would have liked the sauce a little thicker, I may drain the tomatoes slightly next time, I also added in fresh garlic and cayenne pepper, we enjoyed this, thanks iewe!
We really enjoyed this, especially its simplicity. The baking time left plenty of time to make skillet potatoes. Be sure to use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked through. Thanks for posting this recipe, iewe! Made for Top Favorites of 2008 Tag based on loof's review.
What a lovely simple dish to make. I did this to sewrve 2 but still used a whole can tomatoes. I only realised I only had a half packet onion soup mix left so that's all I used & I didn't add the sugar. The flavour was very subtle so I'd like to try again with the full pkt soup but the chicken was lovely & moist & there was plenty of sauce!