Recipe by JanetSmith154
Easy and YOU make the pastry! According to my mom - this recipe makes 150 turnovers.
- 12 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, flour, and cream cheese and chill.
- Roll out and cut into 2in rounds.
- Combine all other ingredients except paprika.
- Place a tsp or tsp 1/2 on pastry rounds, and fold over.
- Seal and press with a fork.
- Sprinkle tops of turnovers with paprika before baking.
- Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turnovers may be frozen before baking, but increase baking time by 5 minutes or freeze after baking and warm in oven before serving.