Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for leftovers and easy to prepare. Cook time is less than 30 minutes and prep time is negligible. Source courtesy of "recipegoldmine.com". Update: 09/17/2008 - as stated by a reviewer it clearly needs two 8 oz. rolls of crescent dinner rolls.
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (1 tube - 8 count)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted pimientos
- 2 tablespoons milk
- fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper, pimento, green onion and chopped chicken.
- Separate rolls into 4 6-inch squares.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into each square.
- Bring corners together and seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I think the recipe needs 2 cans of crescent rolls to work. I found this a little frustrating while putting the turnovers together. There was too much filling for one can of crescent rolls, and the rectangles were easier to roll, rather than "bring corners together and seal" as the recipe directs. The taste was fine. There was also too much melted butter for one can of rolls.
This was AWESOME, although I did change a few things for my families tastes. I will deffinately make it again!