This came from a Pillsbury ad around Thanksgiving time one year. My kids ask for this.
Make and share this Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425.
- Prepare pie crust for a two-crust pie.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook two minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- Add chicken and mixed vegetables, remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust and flute; cut slits in several places.
- Bake at 425 for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The ONLY reason I gave 4 stars is because I did change this quite a bit. I took nearly everyones' suggestions adding 2 teaspoons herbs du provance, at least 1.5 tsps garlic powder, increasing pepper to .5 tsp and salt to 1.5 teaspoons. added .5 tsp nutmeg. Increased flour to 2/3 cup as spouse likes thicker filling. Increased onion to 1.5 cups (we LOVE onions). Instead of the pie crusts, used deep dish and covered filling with puff pastry. I would suggest experimenting with different herbs and meats. This is such a good, basic recipe that we're only limited by our imagination. Thanks very much, Heidi, for sharing this.
I made this during a OAMC session and had it last night for dinner. The taste was excellent! It froze and cooked very well. For OAMC, I prepped it and froze raw, cooked for a few additional minutes (about 15) and watched the crust.
Wow what a great recipe. It was quick and easy to make with terrific results. I added onions, corn, peas and dried cranberries to the turkey meat for a delicious meat pie. Just the right amount of butter and turkey stock gravy. For seasonings I added more salt and pepper than called for and some ground sage and rosemary, it worked perfectly in this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe, that I will use again. Made for What's on the Menu Tag Game 2014.