1/1 Photo of Chicken (Turkey) a La King in Toast Cups
Great tasty way to use leftover chicken or turkey from Canadian Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or 1 1/2 cups turkey broth
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1Cut crusts off bread.
- 2Using a rolling pin, roll each slice to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 3Fit each into lightly greased 6 oz custard cup or jumbo muffin pan.
- 4Bake in centre of 375 degree Fahrenheit oven until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, salt, pepper, and thyme, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 7Whisk in stock, milk and vinegar; cook, whisking often, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 10 minutes.
- 8Add chicken and peas; cook until bubbly and peas are tender, about 3 minutes.
- 9Spoon into toast cups just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken (Turkey) a La King in Toast Cups
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 1189.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 30.6 g