Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a recipe I whipped up to jazz up the usual tuna or chicken salad. Instead of the usual 'tuna' I actually use a can of chunk solid white albacore. The resulting salad can be used in a wrap, on bread, on lettice leaves, and various other ways! Very tasty!
- Drain the chicken & albacore & shred them in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, preserves & pickle relish.
- Quarter the unpeeled apple & get rid of the core.
- Stand each quarter apple on its edge and slice each in half lengthwise, keeping the red halves.
- Dice these red halves & add to chicken/albacore mix, along with the raisins.
- Mix well & season with pepper to taste.
Delightful change of pace! Served on a bed of spinach for a light and healthy summer meal, while a tad sweet for our taste we did like the mix of chicken, tuna and apricot preserves. I made as written and think next time may cut back on the raisin a little to bring the sweetness in line with our taste. Thanks for the post.
This caught my eye because I love tuna, but usually do not care for the "typical" tuna salads because of celery and onions. I loved the fruity twist on this recipe, but it is a tad too sweet for my tastes. I used 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard instead of honey mustard, otherwise made as stated and served in whole wheat tortillas. Thanks for sharing!