Here's a recipe I whipped up to jazz up the usual tuna or chicken salad. Instead of the usual 'tuna' I actually use a can of chunk solid white albacore. The resulting salad can be used in a wrap, on bread, on lettice leaves, and various other ways! Very tasty!
- Drain the chicken & albacore & shred them in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, preserves & pickle relish.
- Quarter the unpeeled apple & get rid of the core.
- Stand each quarter apple on its edge and slice each in half lengthwise, keeping the red halves.
- Dice these red halves & add to chicken/albacore mix, along with the raisins.
- Mix well & season with pepper to taste.