Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a local recipe collection book. We made it several years in a row for a New Year's Eve snack. Serve like tacos with sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomates, etc.
- 2 chicken breasts, baked and diced
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 medium pita bread (or 12 halves)
- Combine all ingredients except pita in a food processor, until fairly well mixed.
- Separate each pita into halves, then into semi-circles.
- Each whole pita should produce 4 pieces.
- Spread chicken mixture on each triangle.
- Place triangles on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes or until bubbling.
- Cut each semi-circle into 2 triangles.
- Serve with desired toppings.
YUMBERINI as can be! LOVE its simplicity! GREAT snack for entertaining! Or want comfort food when its raining! Thanks for taking a photo of one of my recipes!