Recipe by The_Desperate_Housewife
Moist, tender chicken baked atop a steamy, flavorful bed of rice. Very easy recipe with delicious results. A real family pleaser and major comfort food. Can also be made with browned pork chops instead of chicken.
Top Review by mums the word
For such a simple recipe, I thought this had very good flavour. I did use reduced fat and reduced sodium cream soups and I sprinkled the chicken with paprika as well. The breasts were on the small side so I threw in a few drumsticks (with the skin on) and baked for 1 hour. I also stirred the rice 1/2 way through cook time as the soups were forming a "skin" on the top of the casserole which I didn't find visually appealing. Very good, simple and delicious! Thx!
- 1⁄2 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup uncooked rice (not minute rice)
- 1⁄8 cup wild rice (optional)
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans water
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place white and wild rice and the dry onion soup mix in the bottom of a roaster pan or 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Mix the 2 soups and the 2 cans of water and pour half of the mixture over the rice.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and place in the pan on top of the rice.
- Add the remainder of the soup/water mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until done, about 1- 1 1/2 hours.