Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tostadas are delicious and fresh for a Summer meal. They are our favorites.
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 4 (8 inch) corn tortillas (or use wheat flour tortillas)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or use Mexican Blend cheeses)
- light sour cream
- black olives, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in skillet. Add tortillas one at a time and fry about 1 minute per side until crisp and golden brown.
- Divide lettuce over the 4 fried tortillas, piling it evenly on top. Arrange avocado, onion, and tomatoes on lettuce. Top with shredded chicken. Sprinkle with the cheese. Add dollops of sour cream, sprinkle with chopped olives. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Serve individual bowls of the salsa to spoon over the tostada as it is eaten.