Recipe by Hey Jude
Easy chicken tostadas....good for a party as part of a Mexican buffet. Using a store bought rotisserie chicken makes this a breeze to prepare.
Top Review by Jeff's Girl Way Out West
TEN STARS!!! This was excellent! I garnished this with a rustic "salsa" made of chopped avocado, onion, tomato, some salt, herbs and lime juice. Also, we used sour cream and cheddar on top. Served it up as an entree with Spanish rice along side. Even the kids ate more than one helping! Keep in mind that this will realistically serve 4 adults for dinner. If you're using this as an appetizer (layering the chicken on chips (i.e. Tostitos), then you might get 24 servings. Any way you cut it, this recipe is TOPS!!!!! Thank you, Hey Jude! ~ Jeff's Girl Way Out West
- 177.44 ml salsa
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded (best to do this while the chicken is still warm)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 24 tostadas
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- mexican queso cheese, finely grated
- chopped fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the salsa and vinegar in a bowl, stir and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the onions over medium heat until they begin to caramelize, 5-8 minutes.
- Add salsa mixture to skillet, simmer until well reduced, add chicken, stir, heat and then cool slightly; season with salt.
- Top each tostada with some chicken mixture, add avocado, tomato and cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.