Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 (8 inch) tortillas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or combination)
- 16 sliced sliced pitted ripe olives
- salsa (optional)
- Heat tortillas briefly in warm oven until ready to serve.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken strips and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and cumin. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- To assemble tostada, place a warm tortilla on serving plate, spoon on chicken mixture, then lettuce, cheese, and olives. Top with salsa, if desired.
This was a fun recipe, relatively simple to prepare and had most of the ingredients on hand. Not sure it is named right though, it is not really a tostada, more like a soft taco. But it was good, will make again.