Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This is a typical fast and tasty meal that I can whip out in a moments notice and usually without sweating! lol Great on a really hot day or any day! This is also great tucked inside a hard or soft taco shell. Feel free to alter the vegetables to your favorites and / or what you have on hand. This is also great with some fruit tossed in. Try some chopped peaches or pineapple or anything you might like. Go tropical and try mango or papaya! Add what you like, but most importantly..... Enjoy!
Top Review by lazy gourmet
This was really good and incredibly easy! This would be a great meal for hot days when you don't want to have to leave the oven on for an hour. My husband has requested I put this on my "make a lot" list! Thanks for sharing this!
- 4 tostadas (flat and crispy corn tortilla shells)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (the frozen chicken breast strips work well here too)
- 4 cups lettuce, from a bagged salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup red onions or 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup refried beans (optional) or 1 cup black beans, drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread refried beans on a flat tostada shell if using. Top with cheese and chicken. Warm in microwave for a minute or two or under broiler until cheese is melted and chicken is warm.
- Place each tostada on a plate and top with remaining ingredients. You can sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- Note: For authentic Mexican flare try this with Asadero which is similar to Monterrey Jack in place of the cheese blend and maybe even some crumbled Anejo- similar to a Romano cheese or Cotija - salty and dry similar to Parmesan.