Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Child-friendly tip: Omit the lime in the avocado and tomato salad or add 1 tsp of sugar to counteract the sour taste.
- 4 gordita flour tortillas (Old El Paso brand)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500 g shaved chicken breasts, rolls, sliced
- 1 (250 g) packetgrated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Divide tortillas among trays and brush with oil. Top with chicken and sprinkle with half the coriander and the mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the mozzarella melts and the tortilla base is golden brown.
- Kid's task: Meanwhile, combine the avocado, tomato and 3 tsp of lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken tostadas on serving plates. Top with avocado and tomato salad and sprinkle with remaining coriander.