- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- green onion
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a gallon size zip-lock bag with all the marinade ingredients. Press all air out of bag.
- Place in a bowl in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Take meat out of refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
- Take out meat and discard marinade.
- These can either be cooked on the grill or under the broiler.
- Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into 1/2" strips.
- Lightly brush tortillas with vegetable oil.
- If using grill, grill on each side until they turn slightly brown, about 1 minute.
- Add cheese to browned side while other side is browning on grill.
- If using broiler put cheese on tortilla just until cheese melts.
- Serve by layering tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, remaining cheese and any additional toppings.