Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This marinade is great. If you start marinating this in the morning, it will make a really quick supper in the evening. Recipe from Family Fun with some changes. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- green onion
- sour cream
- Place chicken in a gallon size zip-lock bag with all the marinade ingredients. Press all air out of bag.
- Place in a bowl in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Take meat out of refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
- Take out meat and discard marinade.
- These can either be cooked on the grill or under the broiler.
- Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into 1/2" strips.
- Lightly brush tortillas with vegetable oil.
- If using grill, grill on each side until they turn slightly brown, about 1 minute.
- Add cheese to browned side while other side is browning on grill.
- If using broiler put cheese on tortilla just until cheese melts.
- Serve by layering tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, remaining cheese and any additional toppings.
All three boys gave it five stars. Thanks.
OMG!!! This was sooo good!!! I followed the directions for the time to marinate the chicken and it didn't cook it at all, I think that is a incorrect theory/myth!! It was so flavorful, never thought it would be (based on the few ingredients for the marinade), but also so moist and just so yummy for a chicken breast!! I cut the recipe back to 1/4 of the recipe and used one large chicken breast. I also wasn't sure if the tortilla would get crispy like a tostada and it did, I added shredded lettuce, sliced chicken, mixture of cheddar and monterey jack cheese and then some sour cream and green onion. I then added some salsa, after photo, on the side, but never used it, didn't need it!! I saved 1/2 of the chicken to make in my next lunch of Grilled Cheese Quesadillas!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe that will be made again!!! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
These were very good. The chicken marinated for about 1 1/2 hours instead of the 4. I was a little concerned about leaving the chicken in the lime juice for that length of time. Even after 1 1/2 hours the chicken was very well flavored, moist and delicious.