1/3 Photos of Chicken Tostadas
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This marinade is great. If you start marinating this in the morning, it will make a really quick supper in the evening. Recipe from Family Fun with some changes. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1Place chicken in a gallon size zip-lock bag with all the marinade ingredients. Press all air out of bag.
- 2Place in a bowl in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 3Take meat out of refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
- 4Take out meat and discard marinade.
- 5These can either be cooked on the grill or under the broiler.
- 6Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into 1/2" strips.
- 7Lightly brush tortillas with vegetable oil.
- 8If using grill, grill on each side until they turn slightly brown, about 1 minute.
- 9Add cheese to browned side while other side is browning on grill.
- 10If using broiler put cheese on tortilla just until cheese melts.
- 11Serve by layering tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, remaining cheese and any additional toppings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.6
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 1364.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 35.8 g