Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is fast and easy it tastes like my favorite restaurant's recipe, but it came from a Better Homes and Gardens book. It tastes great without the shrimp too. Great with garnish of fresh salsa tortilla chips and avocado.
- 6 ounces peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 2⁄3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- salsa fresca
- plain tortilla chips
- In a large pot cook onion and cumin in oil until onion is clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer covered for 8 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and shrimp, and cook for about 3 more minutes, until the shrimp turn pink.
- Garnish with avocado, chips, and salsa.