This recipe is fast and easy it tastes like my favorite restaurant's recipe, but it came from a Better Homes and Gardens book. It tastes great without the shrimp too. Great with garnish of fresh salsa tortilla chips and avocado.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 2/3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- salsa fresca
- plain tortilla chips
- 1In a large pot cook onion and cumin in oil until onion is clear, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice.
- 3Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer covered for 8 minutes.
- 4Stir in chicken and shrimp, and cook for about 3 more minutes, until the shrimp turn pink.
- 5Garnish with avocado, chips, and salsa.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: