Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different take on tortilla soup. I hope you enjoy this.
Make and share this Chicken Tortilla Soup With Chipotle Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (cut up)
- 2 chipotle chiles, and a small amount of it's adobo sauce
- tortilla chips (crushed)
- muenster cheese (grated)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- sour cream
- Blend until smooth: Can tomatoes with juice, onion, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Put into a pot along with broth, chicken, and chipotle peppers, and it's juice. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes. In a bowl, put tortilla chips, cheese, avocado, and some sour cream. Top with soup and serve.
Excellent soup. Very easy to do and even easier using chopped cooked chicken. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.