Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a different take on tortilla soup. I hope you enjoy this.
Make and share this Chicken Tortilla Soup With Chipotle Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (cut up)
- 2 chipotle chiles, and a small amount of it's adobo sauce
- tortilla chips (crushed)
- muenster cheese (grated)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- sour cream
- Blend until smooth: Can tomatoes with juice, onion, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Put into a pot along with broth, chicken, and chipotle peppers, and it's juice. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes. In a bowl, put tortilla chips, cheese, avocado, and some sour cream. Top with soup and serve.