Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The kids love this. The original calls for 4 ounces of chopped green chilies. This is from the Fix-It and Forget It cookbook.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, undrained
- 2 (850.48 g) can stewed tomatoes
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 425.24 g tomato sauce
- tortilla chips
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese
- Combine everything except chips and cheese in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before serving, remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Put chips in bowls, top with soup and sprinkle with cheese. (But it is also good straight.).
- Make a double batch. You'll want it.
This had a good taste (we added some cumin and chili powder) but came out much more like a stew than a soup...there ended up being very little liquid in it. Still great, though!
Simple and Delicious. I tend to like spicier food so I added some habenero flakes and ancho chile powder and it came out excellent.
THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE RECIPES!! So easy and versatile. We have played around with the ingredients and the family likes it best without the green chillies, more black beans and lots of toppings. A++++++