Recipe by Mom10
The kids love this. The original calls for 4 ounces of chopped green chilies. This is from the Fix-It and Forget It cookbook.
Top Review by lovetokate
This had a good taste (we added some cumin and chili powder) but came out much more like a stew than a soup...there ended up being very little liquid in it. Still great, though!
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, undrained
- 2 (850.48 g) can stewed tomatoes
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 425.24 g tomato sauce
- tortilla chips
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except chips and cheese in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before serving, remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Put chips in bowls, top with soup and sprinkle with cheese. (But it is also good straight.).
- Make a double batch. You'll want it.