Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This filling, healthy soup is simply delicious. There are many great recipes you'll find for Chicken Tortilla Soup, but I doubt you'll find one as easy to prepare as this one... From swansonbroth.com.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut up cubed)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (to equal 3 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 corn tortillas
- Spray saucepot with vegetable cooking spray and heat one minute.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add broth, rice and cumin.
- Heat to a boil; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice and heat thoroughly.
- Top with Crisp Tortilla Strips (directions to follow):
- CRISP TORTILLA STRIPS
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place on baking sheet.
- Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes or till crispy-golden.
WOW!! This was outstanding! And it was SO easy!! We didn't use the corn (daughter doesn't like) and I didn't have any cumin. Even without those two things it was wonderful!! Will definitely make this one again!! THANKS!!