Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My husband & I have found this recipe to be nice and thick and tastes similar to Claim Jumper's.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 5 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked
- In a large stock pot heat oil. Add tortillas, garlic, cilantro and onion. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add cumin, chili powder, bay leaves and chicken stock. Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium and add salt and cayenne. Simmer for 30 minutes remove bay leaves and stir in chicken. Heat through and serve.