Recipe by Lisa Young
This tortilla soup is heartier than most and so good!
Top Review by LiisaN
This soup was very easy to make and tasted very good. I cooked my chicken with faijta seasoning and I also added a bay leaf. I think next time I make this, I may try adding frozen corn and maybe either pinto beans or black beans. Very tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- diced avocado
- corn tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tortillas into thin strips and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees until crispy.
- This will take about 30-40 minutes or so.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cheese, avacado, and tortillas.
- Simmer until the tortilla strips are ready.
- Put some of the cheese and avacado into each bowl.
- Pour soup over the cheese and top with the crispy tortilla strips.