Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a light recipe from Shape Magazine.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chips, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Ladle into bowls, add 1/4 cup chips to each, and sprinkle with cheese and tomato.
Easy to make and it has a very good flavor. I didn't make any changes, and don't see the need for any.
This recipe was graet. Entire family had positive comments.Added approx. 10 more oz. of broth and a little garlic powder. Also added cilantro and sliced avacado to the garnish items. It's a keeper!