Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My Sis loves Chick-fil-A soup and here I am trying to create a copycat recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 4 ounces green chili peppers, diced
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning, package
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, can use 2 Tbsps masa if you have it
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups tortilla chip strips
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, grated
- In oil saute carrots, onion, peppers, and celery.
- Add chicken.
- When onions are browned lightly; add garlic.
- Add spices and herbs.
- Add cream of chicken soup, white beans, black beans.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add taco seasoning.
- Cook down 30 minutes at simmer.
- Mix the masa with the water before pouring into soup.
- Add corn and cream of chicken soup.
- Cook another 10 minutes.
- Top with corn chips and cheese.