Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hearty good tasting soup.
Make and share this Chicken Tortilla Soup- recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded*
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 (805.12 g) can diced tomatoes
- 946.36 ml fat-free chicken broth
- 78.07 ml salsa
- 283.49 g can kernel corn
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.16 ml fat free sour cream
- 59.16 ml flour, to thicken (use less if you like a thinner soup)
- Cook on medium-low yellow onion, green onion and garlic for 2 minutes in stock pot.
- Add canned tomatoes, salsa, sour cream. Stir until combined.
- Add all but 1/4 cup of chicken broth, Set the remaining aside.
- Next add all the seasoning and spices(cumin, chili powder, salt , and cilantro).
- Let boil for 3-5 minutes on medium high.
- Add chicken and corn.
- Whisk the flour in with the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Whisk until well combined and minimal lumps. Add the flour mixture to the soup.**.
- Turn down to low. Let simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Feel free to use any precooked chicken as well. You can add more or less for you personal taste.*.
- You can start with 2 Tbsp and more until you have achieved your desired thickness. Just make sure to mix the broth instead of just adding the flour to the soup. Otherwise it will create lump floating in the soup.**.
- Side Note: Soup may yield leftovers. Just freeze in ziplock bag or freezer safe container-.