Hearty good tasting soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded*
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 (805.12 g) can diced tomatoes
- 946.36 ml fat-free chicken broth
- 78.07 ml salsa
- 283.49 g can kernel corn
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.16 ml fat free sour cream
- 59.16 ml flour, to thicken (use less if you like a thinner soup)
- 1Cook on medium-low yellow onion, green onion and garlic for 2 minutes in stock pot.
- 2Add canned tomatoes, salsa, sour cream. Stir until combined.
- 3Add all but 1/4 cup of chicken broth, Set the remaining aside.
- 4Next add all the seasoning and spices(cumin, chili powder, salt , and cilantro).
- 5Let boil for 3-5 minutes on medium high.
- 6Add chicken and corn.
- 7Whisk the flour in with the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Whisk until well combined and minimal lumps. Add the flour mixture to the soup.**.
- 8Turn down to low. Let simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 9Feel free to use any precooked chicken as well. You can add more or less for you personal taste.*.
- 10You can start with 2 Tbsp and more until you have achieved your desired thickness. Just make sure to mix the broth instead of just adding the flour to the soup. Otherwise it will create lump floating in the soup.**.
- 11Side Note: Soup may yield leftovers. Just freeze in ziplock bag or freezer safe container-.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup-
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 1656.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g