Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this recipe on Trisha's Southern Kitchen, on the Food Network. It is super tasty. =)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1242.09 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml half-and-half cream
- 304.75 g cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
- 425.24 g black beans
- 425.24 g kidney beans
- 425.24 g corn
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 37.70 g packet fajita seasoning mix
- 453.59 g tortilla chips
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Melt the butter in a large pot (at least 8 qt) over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, cook until softened (about 5 minutes). Add the flour and stir well. Cook for an additional 2 minutes (stiring constantly). Add the chicken broth and Half & Half. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring the soup just to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the soup in bowls and top with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.
- NOTES: If you want the soup a little thicker add 2 T of corn starch mixed with 3 T of water in the last 2 minutes of cooking.