Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this recipe on Trisha's Southern Kitchen, on the Food Network. It is super tasty. =)
Make and share this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
- 15 ounces black beans
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 15 ounces corn
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 16 ounces tortilla chips
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Melt the butter in a large pot (at least 8 qt) over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, cook until softened (about 5 minutes). Add the flour and stir well. Cook for an additional 2 minutes (stiring constantly). Add the chicken broth and Half & Half. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring the soup just to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the soup in bowls and top with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.
- NOTES: If you want the soup a little thicker add 2 T of corn starch mixed with 3 T of water in the last 2 minutes of cooking.