~Barb ~P~'s Note:
This had a nice flavor. Turned out a little spicy, but can tone it done with fat free half & half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon perfect pinch fiesta citrus seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 7 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can plain diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (1 ounce) package hot & spicy taco seasoning
- 8 corn tortillas, cut in small pieces
- 1Coat the chicken with seasoning, and cook with oil on low until no longer pink.
- 2Once done, set aside.
- 3In the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook onion, peppers, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- 4Add broth, tomatoes, chilies, beans, corn, and taco seasoning - bring to a boil.
- 5Add corn tortillas and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- 6Return the chicken to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7Add 3/4 cup of half n half or more if it's too spicy.
- 8Serve with toppings.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 1552.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: