Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This had a nice flavor. Turned out a little spicy, but can tone it done with fat free half & half.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon perfect pinch fiesta citrus seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 7 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canplain diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (1 ounce) packagehot & spicy taco seasoning
- 8 corn tortillas, cut in small pieces
- shredded cheese (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Coat the chicken with seasoning, and cook with oil on low until no longer pink.
- Once done, set aside.
- In the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook onion, peppers, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, chilies, beans, corn, and taco seasoning - bring to a boil.
- Add corn tortillas and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of half n half or more if it's too spicy.
- Serve with toppings.