Recipe by AmyPremier
My kids say this is their favorite soup of all time. It's super easy and filling. We are a gluten free and dairy free family, so this fits the bill nicely.
Top Review by CarrolJ
Wow! Was i surprised! This was very very good! Easy to make as well. The only major change I made was accidental. I realized after I had opened my corn that it was cream corn not whole kernel. I decided that since the recipe said to not drain the liquid from the corn anyway to just use the cream corn instead. (I have a very tiny fridge and didn't have room to store it anyway and didn't want to throw it away.)....At first before simmering I didn't think I was going to like the salsa being in it. But I was wrong. The flavored blended beautifully and was incredible. My DH really enjoyed it as well. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 425.24 g can refried beans
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can chicken broth
- 425.24 g can corn, undrained
- 177.44 ml chunky salsa (we prefer fresh salsa)
- 236.59-473.18 ml cooked chicken
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, broth, corn, salsa and chicken in stock pot. Mix well and simmer for 30 minutes until hot and flavors are well blended. Top with crumbled tortilla chips and and other desired toppings.
- Can also be made in the crock pot for 6 hours on low.
- May also garnish with guacamole, shredded cheese or sour cream if desired.