Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My kids say this is their favorite soup of all time. It's super easy and filling. We are a gluten free and dairy free family, so this fits the bill nicely.
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa (we prefer fresh salsa)
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken
- tortilla chips
- Combine beans, broth, corn, salsa and chicken in stock pot. Mix well and simmer for 30 minutes until hot and flavors are well blended. Top with crumbled tortilla chips and and other desired toppings.
- Can also be made in the crock pot for 6 hours on low.
- May also garnish with guacamole, shredded cheese or sour cream if desired.
Wow! Was i surprised! This was very very good! Easy to make as well. The only major change I made was accidental. I realized after I had opened my corn that it was cream corn not whole kernel. I decided that since the recipe said to not drain the liquid from the corn anyway to just use the cream corn instead. (I have a very tiny fridge and didn't have room to store it anyway and didn't want to throw it away.)....At first before simmering I didn't think I was going to like the salsa being in it. But I was wrong. The flavored blended beautifully and was incredible. My DH really enjoyed it as well. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Since I always have 2-cup portions of shredded chicken breast frozen, this recipe was a snap to make, & we really liked the use of refried beans in it! Very, very satisfying! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
Great soup - and so quick and easy to prepare! I shredded the chicken before adding and garnished with sour cream and some shredded cheese. Yum! Thanks for sharing. PAC Fall '11