Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Best chicken tortilla soup I've ever had. I tweaked it a bit.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.
- Serve with tortilla chips (store bought or homemade) and top with shredded cheddar or a Mexican cheese blend.
This was excellent! Definitely cleared my sinuses. I added just a dash of Mexican cheese and some baked corn tortilla strips to seal the deal. Needless to say I had no problem finishing ALL of the leftovers!