Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I tasted a Chicken Tortilla Soup at work that I loved and coudn't find a recipe that was similar, so made one of my own. It took a while to get it just right, but finally got it to taste like I wanted.
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth
- 425.24 g can stewed tomatoes
- 368.54 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 425.24 g can corn
- 3 corn tortillas, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 14.79 ml cilantro
- 70.87 g canchopped chili peppers
- 2.46 ml cumin or 2.46 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves
- Saute garlic, onions, tortillas, and clantro.
- Add remaining ingredients and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer to reduce to desired thickness.
- Serve with choice of garnish of cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.