1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This is a spin-off of Trisha Yearwood's Chicken Tortilla Soup. The first time I cooked it I followed the recipe exactly and it was very good. However, I never can leave well enough alone. I added some things and took away some things and came out with this version which turned out to be just right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (less if you don't like spicy)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package dry fajita seasoning mix
- corn tortilla chips, for garnish
- tony chacherie seasoning
- 1Lightly season chicken breasts with Tony Chacherie seasoning to taste.
- 2Melt butter in large heavy stockpot over medium heat.
- 3Lightly brown chicken breasts in butter.
- 4When lightly browned remove and set aside.
- 5In stockpot add onions and bell pepper.
- 6Saute' until soft, about 30 minutes.
- 7Add flour and stir well, cooking for about 3 minutes.
- 8Add all remaining ingredients except heavy cream and chicken.
- 9Bring to a simmer.
- 10While waiting for mixture to come to a simmer, coarsely chop reserved chicken and add to pot.
- 11Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- 12Add heavy cream and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- 13Serve in individual bowls with crushed tortilla chips on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.7
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 201.5 mg
- Sodium 1843.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 44.7 g