Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup is high in fiber and full of vegetables. It's so tasty you'll forget it's healthy! I found this recipe on the back of a refried beans can and added my own spin on it, and the result was absolutely delicious.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 chicken breast
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Saute 1 tbsp olive oil with onion, carrots, and bell pepper in a sauce pan for 5 minutes.
- Add in water and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in refried beans, spices, and corn.
- Cut chicken into small pieces and add to soup.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Serve in a bowl topped with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
This was excellent, although the only way it could serve 6-8 would be in very tiny portions. It was too good for a tiny portion; and worked well as a meal (with a cheese quesadilla and small salad.)