Recipe by Sweet Tooth #3
This soup is high in fiber and full of vegetables. It's so tasty you'll forget it's healthy! I found this recipe on the back of a refried beans can and added my own spin on it, and the result was absolutely delicious.
Top Review by Jenny Ann
This was excellent, although the only way it could serve 6-8 would be in very tiny portions. It was too good for a tiny portion; and worked well as a meal (with a cheese quesadilla and small salad.)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 chicken breast
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Saute 1 tbsp olive oil with onion, carrots, and bell pepper in a sauce pan for 5 minutes.
- Add in water and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in refried beans, spices, and corn.
- Cut chicken into small pieces and add to soup.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Serve in a bowl topped with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.