Recipe by Polly W
I love Chicken Tortilla soup and know that there are many recipes out there. I have adjusted the recipes I have tried and this is what my results ended up being. This is so easy and I usually put this in my big roaster and cook all day for 5 hours or so on low. Serve with a spinach salad and you are good to go.
- 46 ounces organic low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (28 ounce) canssan marzano diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- chopped green chili, mild
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 jalapeno, with seeds removed chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- hot sauce
- 4 small amish boneless chicken breasts
- fine shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips, crushed
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil fresh chicken breast in large pot of water until done.
- remove and let cool.
- saute onions ,garlic and jalapeno in small amount of olive oil.
- add together with remaining ingredients to roasting pan or large crock pot.
- shred the cooled down chicken by hand and add to pot.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- serve with garnish.
- This freezes well !
- Enjoy don't forget the cold beer , it helps flush the calories away !