Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A super yummy chicken tortilla soup!
- 1 -2 chicken breast
- olive oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 4 -5 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato soup with basil
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 4 green onions (spring)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- chili powder
- shredded mexican cheese
- lime tortilla chips
- Dice chicken into small bite size pieces and toss in pre-heated (medium to medium high) pot with olive oil, chicken broth, diced onion, and minced garlic.
- Dice tomatoes, and chop green pepper and jalapeno into very small pieces. Add veggies and can of tomato basil soup.
- Add zest and juice from 1 lime. Add 4 chopped spring onions and chopped bunch of cilantro.
- Stir in spices to taste (be generous with cumin and chili powder.
- Add flour to desired thickness.
- Ladle into bowl, add toppings, and ENJOY!