Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful fast soup. I like to add a dollop of sour cream to the top along with some cilantro.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 2 cups broken corn tortilla chips
- sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- In large saucepan, stir together the chicken broth, chicken, onion, green chilies, chili powder and ground red pepper.
- Bring the soup to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer the soup, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Ladle the soup into idividual bowls and add a small handful of the tortilla chips to each soup bowl. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and chopped tomato. Serve immediately.