Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this up one day... yum!
- 12 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn (I used a pkg of frozen corn, but you can just use 1 15oz can, but be aware that the canned corn will)
- 3 whole skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 12 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with onions and peppers or chilies)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 ounces low-fat tortilla chips, slightly crushed (baked)
- Sautee onions and celery in nonstick cooking spray. When soft, add can of diced tomatoes. I like to buy the cans of diced tomatoes with chilis, but they also come in cans with onions and peppers or garlic or pretty much whatever you like. It’s up to you what you would like to add. Chilis will spice the soup up a bit, whereas onions and peppers will just add additional flavor.
- If using frozen corn, warm to defrost big chunks in microwave or pot. Add corn to mixture.
- Add water and bullion cubes in the same pot as onions and celery and veggies.
- Bring to a boil and add chicken.
- Add oregano, parsley, and chili powder.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Right before serving, add pepper and salt to pot.
- Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips on top (1 oz per serving).
- I put mine in my crockpot on low to keep warm. If you would like to put it in the crockpot instead of putting on the stove, that would work too.
- Recipe makes 10 servings.