Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful full flavored tortilla soup. The mixture of chipotle in adobo sauce and chili powder gives this soup a great rich flavor. This recipe is from the Food Network Kitchens.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, canned
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 dozen corn tortilla chips, broken a bit
- lime wedge (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chipotle, chili powder, and salt and cook until the onion softens, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat slightly, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pull the saucepan from the heat and stir in the tomato, chicken, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Divide the tortilla chips among 4 warmed bowls, ladle the soup on top, and serve with the lime wedges, if desired.
This soup is absolutely the yummiest soup I've had! So much flavor and so quick! Thanks for posting it here!
This was awesome! We loved it. Will definately make again. The only change I made was I used dried cilantro instead of fresh. Thanks made for PAC Fall 07. Lisa