Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, for sauteing
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, baked and shredded
- 14 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 5 ounces Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 10 ounces tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (I didn't add this as it was a little too spicy for kiddos last time. Feel free to add when you simme)
- 5 1⁄2 cups water (you add)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil, adding more oil if needed.
- Add remaining ingredients except water.
- Freeze in Gallon freezer bag.
- Serving day instructions:.
- No need to thaw. Place in pot with 5 Â½ cups water and heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 30-35 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls and top with favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream.
I really loved this soup! Great flavor!