Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The longer you let this one simmer the better it tastes and the better your house smells. This is great for a cold rainy day, or even a bad day (this is my comfort soup). This soup has helped me through a few rough weeks in the past year and I hope it can help you to.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken gumbo soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa (any brand)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 chicken breast (chunked or shredded)
- Combine your chicken gumbo, enchilada sauce, salsa and stock.
- Cook and shred or chunk you chicken breast. *you can use canned chicken it works just as well and you can add more or less to your liking.
- Add chicken and let cook in a crock pot for at least 2 hrs *the longer the better.
- Serve up with shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips. You'll love this for years to come.
This is an interesting recipe. The ease and quickness of putting it together is what drew me to it in the first place. It is certainly easy to make. The flavors of the soup really do have to meld together before you can eat this, and even still, the gumbo soup flavor is definitely apparent. I thought the flavor of the soup was good, actually, and my family enjoyed it as well. Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't make this again unless I was able to find low-sodium versions of the ingredients.