Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a Mexican Restaurant in Dallas, TX. It is so easy and simple to make, and is great comfort food. It eats like a meal, and is loved by all I have made it for.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, crushed
- 30 ounces hunt's canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix (Old El Paso)
- Put chicken in large crockpot or stock pot.
- Pour in enough water to cover. (This will equal about 5 cups of water.).
- Add the remaining ingredients, and cook on medium till chicken is tender. (Or High in crockpot.).
- Add a little salt if desired, after checking for taste.
- Serve in bowls with any or all of the following:.
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded.
- crushed tortilla chips.
- sliced avacado.
- Refridgerate any leftovers. It is even better the next day.
- Only by using Old El Paso Taco Seasoning will insure the recipe will taste the same as this one.
I have made this several times. We add corn, rice and green peppers as well. This is a good recipe - thanks Karen.