Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is featured on AllRecipes.com and has been in several of their cookbooks and magazines. Serve this with warm flour tortillas, corn bread, or tortilla chips. Have bowls of sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, grated jack cheese, sliced avacados for garnish!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) water
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) whole corn, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) hominy, drained
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, broth, and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and add corn, hominy, black beans, chilies and chicken.
- Heat throughly and simmer 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.