Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me by a frien several years ago. Although it is good, I don't make it that much since hubby doesn't like Mexican food.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, pepps
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 lb tortilla chips
- shredded Mexican blend cheese (to taste)
- sour cream (to taste)
- Cut chicken in bite sizes.
- In pot, add oil and chicken until cooked partially.
- Add onions and sauté.
- Add chili and cumin powder and diced tomatoes and stir.
- Add chili and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil, about 5 minute and simmer for about 10.
- Serve with corn tostadas, cheese and sour cream.