Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I wanted something easy yet tasty. We came up with this.
Make and share this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large chicken breasts (totaling approximately 2 lbs)
- 4 large red potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch pieces (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
Garnish (per serving)
- 2 tablespoons shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 sliced corn tortilla
- Put everything except the garnish items into the crock pot on high for approximately 5 hours, or low for approximately 9 hours.
- Make sure all items are covered with liquid if they are not add a little more chicken stock.
- Shred chicken using two forks after cooking time is up stir the chicken into the soup.
- Spoon soup into bowls, add garnishes and serve.
We really enjoyed this. I forgot to put the crockpot on, so made it on the stove in my pressure cooker. The result was a lovely thick soup. I used about 2 cups of chicken stock to make this more soupy, but that was probably related to my cooking method. I also added a half packet of taco seasoning & some Mexican chili powder to give it more flavour. Thanks Teddy's Mommy for sharing this recipe. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap May 2008.
What a great recipe! I didn't add the potatoes because I didn't have any, but the soup came out great! I made some sweet cornbread to go with it on the side and my husband scarfed it down. This would be great with black beans in it as well. I will definitely be making this again during the cooler months. Thanks again for the wonderful keeper!