Recipe by jellyko
I know there are about 100 recipes for tortilla soup but couldnt find any to match mine and I love mine as is and wouldnt change and need it in my cookbook! Maybe you will like it too! I like the spiciness, flaver and ease of putting it together. can use a crockpot (I do) or just do on stove top.
- 4 chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 20 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce
- tortilla chips (optional)
- shredded taco cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- cook chicken in a little oil till done. cool and shred. Add taco seasoning and water as directed on seasoning packet. (can do this ahead). Shred up.
- In pot or crock combine chicken with all else.
- cook on low 3 hours.
- to serve you can put a handful of tortilla chips into bowl, ladle soup in, top with a handful of shredded mexican/taco cheese and a dollop of sour cream if desired. Yumm!