Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I can't take credit for this, I believe it came from the local paper. I changed it a little, it is so good and easy. You make you own tortilla chips, but can use the ones from bag.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans fat free cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) canswhole chilies, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 cooked chicken breast halves (I grill them)
- 10 flour tortillas or 10 corn tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk all 8 cans of soup together in a large stockpot until smooth.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, salsa, chilies, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Cube or shred chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add chicken and cilantro to soup, simmer 15 minute more.
- Cut tortillas into strips, place on baking sheet and spray with cooking oil. Bake 10 minute or until crispy.
- To serve, place some tortillas in a soup bowl, ladle soup into bowls and top with cheese add more tortillas.